background

Friday, March 1, 2019

Frugal Friday File 2019, week 9...


Successes:
1.  After procrastinating as long as I could, I finally got around to calling for a quote on auto insurance from the company that insures our home.  It should save about $400 a year to switch.  I took care of the paperwork to change over right before the premium was due to renew our old, more expensive, policy.

2.  I almost placed a $60ish order for coffee online.  It sounded so good.  Thank goodness I came to my senses and didn't press 'submit order.'  I rarely drink coffee, which is enough of a reason that I shouldn't consider spending a large amount on it.  But the main reason is I have some cold brew bags in my pantry which are delicious, and there is no reason at all to buy more until it is gone.  I mean, honestly, just add water!

3.  Had a book very highly recommended this week.  I checked the Kindle price, and it was $11.00.  Decided to resign myself to wait if it was available through the library.  Not only did the library have it...as an ebook no less...but it was available to check out immediately!  It is now on my Kindle waiting for me to finish the current 900-page read.  :)

4.  I went to Joann's yesterday, as I had a coupon for 40% off a regular-priced item AND another for 20% off entire order on top of that.  I've had my eye on a rather pricey tool for several months.  I went straight to it.  As I looked at it, I could not for the life of me figure out what I had ever seen in it, and I walked away.  I looked at irons, as my poor iron will be 43 years old next month and is dripping rusty water.  But I couldn't arouse any excitement about buying an iron.  No fabrics were calling my name.  I did purchase a small package of  extra large eyelets, and those coupons were, of course, used.

5.  I'm working today, and with no commute.

Saturday:  leftovers
Sunday:  Sunday family supper at Kasey & Beau's
Monday:  leftovers
Tuesday:  *barbecue
Wednesday:  leftovers
Thursday:  *Schlotzky sandwiches
Friday:  *Tex-Mex

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

4 comments:

  1. Love using coupons to save. I just got a new iron and ironing board cover. Amazing how such a "small insignificant" thing can perk one up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Curious as to what kind of iron you bought. I want one with good steam. Not keen on the automatic shut off that I’m seeing on all of them, though.

      Delete
  2. Didn’t mean to mislead you, i did not use a coupon for my new iron, just waited until it went on sale for 50% off. I buy a medium price iron and then I don’t feel guilty replacing it every 5 years or so. It is a T-fal Optiglide. It does shut off automatically after 8 minutes if not used, but I like this feature, knowing if I leave my studio and forget to unplug it, at least it will shut off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no. I didn’t necessarily think you used a coupon. Just curious to know what other quilters like in brands.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails