background

Saturday, February 10, 2024

Better Than Yesterday, week 1...


 Above are week 1's cards.  I didn't complete them all perfectly, but fun overall.

1.  NO SWEARING FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS

  • I did better than I thought I would.  I said "Damn" or "Dammit" a total of four times I believe.

2.  TITLE A PIECE OF PAPER "WHATEVER IS WRITTEN HERE WILL COME TRUE."  THEN WRITE SOMETHING ON IT.

  • I did not complete this one.  I should have just written "the bed linens will be changed today," and been done with it.  That didn't seem like what the card was asking for though.  It felt like it was calling for sending out a wish to the universe. I'm really not into the law of manifestation or attraction or whatever it is called.  I have a foreboding that whatever I try to bring about will turn out badly or have an unintended negative effect.  So I'll just leave it up to the One who can be trusted...and go change the bed linens.

3.  SPEND FIVE MINUTES AND WRITE DOWN HOW YOU'RE REALLY FEELING RIGHT NOW -- LEAVE NOTHING OUT.

  • This was a rather unsettling week.  My eldest sister passed away after years of living in an increasingly shrinking world of dementia.  We had a difficult relationship at times, so it was good to pour out the mixture of feelings I was experiencing.  This is my second sister to pass from dementia; the losses it brings are a misery for everyone.

4.  SPEND A COUPLE MINUTES TALKING AND LISTENING TO A CHILD.

  • I didn't think I would be able to complete this one, as I generally do not come across small children these days.  But then I had a phone call from Caitlyn (who usually texts). She is away at college,  but she will always be a precious little girl to me, so I'm counting it.  She was ranting about something she knew I would commiserate with.  Most pleasant conversation.  :)

5.  LEAVE A NICE NOTE FOR YOUR MAIL CARRIER.  

  • This is yet to be completed, but it will be.

6.  GIVE A COMPLIMENT TO SOMEONE YOU DON'T KNOW.

  • While shopping I kept finding myself running across a mother with a toddler and an infant in her cart.  The toddler was repeatedly calling out for his father who was elsewhere in the store with a preschool sibling.  I always try to chat to young moms a bit complimenting their childrens' appearance or intellect or speech.  Those days can be  exhausting, but a compliment can give at least a moment of affirmation.

7.  BUY A RUBIK'S CUBE AND TRY TO SOLVE IT.

  • I have not done this one yet.  I think I will see if one of my kids or grandkids has one I can borrow.
Till next week!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your sister but I think it's a relief after such a difficult time.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails