background

Friday, February 9, 2024

2024 Frugal Friday File, February 9...

 

1.  I had to be in a neighboring town today for some bloodwork.  Since the miles were already driven, I went by their Dollar Tree to get some spot remover that I had seen recommended on another blog.  I just finished up my last bottle of laundry pre-treat spray ($3 - $5) which didn't even work that great, so I felt like spending $1.25 on this was worth a shot.  I browsed, but managed to not let anything else fall in my cart.

2.  Reading a library book (again).

3.  It irritates me when my favorite wooden spoon is in the dishwasher.  (I know wooden utensils and cutting boards aren't supposed to go in the dishwasher, but all of mine have for years, and show no ill effects.)  I digress.

I can never remember how old my daughter is without doing the math, but I do remember that this favorite spoon came from IKEA about 10 years.  (Go figure!)  There is an IKEA about 30 miles away, so when I had other errands to run near there, I went on a weekday this week.  ( I would never, ever venture there on a weekend!)

They actually still had the exact shape of spoon that is my favorite!  I bought a lifetime supply of my favorite spoon (plus a few more for good measure), a 99¢ funnel, and three 99¢ measuring cups (one for myself and 2 for others).  Less than $25 total, and Christmas shopping has begun.  (The extra spoons I bought are for a planned craft project / gifts.)

4.  I have been foregoing a haircut for months, as I want a longer style, and if I go in too soon, they just cut off the growth progress I've made.  I think it's past the ugliest stage, and is starting to look more intentional than accidental again.  And I just realized that it has been ten years since I've stopped coloring my hair...that is a frugal milestone!

5.  I invited a friend of mine and a friend of hers to stay with me in July while the friend of hers is attending an educational workshop in the next town over.  Frugal for them, a visit with my friend, a chance to get to know her friend, but my main reason was because it's a darn good incentive to declutter the house between now and then!

On the menu this week:  

Saturday:  Leftovers

Sunday:  Sunday supper at Kasey & Beau's

Monday:  Homecooked from freezer - Chicken Curry

Tuesday:  Spanish Rice

Wednesday:  Leftovers

Thursday:  takeout fried chicken

Friday:  Homecooked from freezer - Chicken Spaghetti

**designates meatless meal

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails