background

Friday, February 2, 2024

2024 Frugal Friday File, February 2...

1.  Was there anything frugal here this week?  I suppose...but not much to write home about.  I've been reading library book...I'm going to have to recheck the second one, as I didn't get to it.  

Even though we  wore layers, had a fire in the fireplace, etc to try to avoid a big electric bill due to the severe cold snap we had, it didn't quite work out. The electric bill arrived, and it was $531.60!  It hasn't been that high since the first winter we moved here, when the furnace had a problem that made it very inefficient.  

I made a crock-pot meal yesterday that smelled fabulous all afternoon, but tasted awful.  We discarded the leftovers.

Our more successful efforts:

2.  I remembered to return a purchase within the return period when it wasn't as I had hoped.  It was an impulse purchase, so you'd think I would learn.  :(

3.  I've been drinking more water, and decreasing sodas.

4.  We paid property taxes, and they were less than we had expected.

5.  Though I've been longing to go to a movie for the entertainment and popcorn, there hasn't been ANYTHING showing that I thought was worth shelling out for.


On the menu this week:

Saturday:  leftovers

Sunday:  supper at Kasey & Beau's 

Monday:  Dinner out at our favorite Mexican restaurant

Tuesday:  Twice-baked sweet potatoes with chicken

Wednesday:  Chicken & Dressing casserole

Thursday:  Crock Pot Chicken and Vegetables

**Friday:  Vegetable Pizza

**designates meatless meal 

2 comments:

  1. I also have eliminated soda as my resolution for this year. It's been going better than I thought. I am with you on the movie theatre expense. I also would like to go to the theatre but I agree there are no movies I am willing to spend so much money to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ellen! Your comment is a perfect example of why I blog...knowing there are others out there with similar joys and challenges!

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails