background

Friday, September 8, 2023

Frugal Friday File 2023, September 8 & 15...

 

1.  The grocery bill was a bit higher this week than I was hoping for, but then I remind myself that several meals on the menu are for cook-once-eat-twice batches which stretches the cost and effort over a longer period.

2.  I received notice that the vendor's outgoing shipment of an order I placed was delayed.  Since I was having buyers remorse on several items, I was extremely happy to see that I would be able to go in and cancel those items saving a tidy $50.  Lucked out there!

3.  Attended my quilting group at the library.  I didn't take my sewing machine; I worked on a crewel project that had been started previously that may be a Christmas gift if I can complete it by then.  I am passing on the fall quilt retreat this year, and also on the bus trip to the Houston International Quilt Show.  Foregoing those two trips alone save me about $200, not to mention what I might spend if I went and shopped at the HIQS.

4.  I threw together a batch of Baked Peanut Butter & Banana Oatmeal this morning.  After it cooled, I packaged in individual servings, and put them in the freezer for breakfasts as wanted.

5.  I received another check from Medicare to reimburse me for chiropractic care paid out of pocket.  This one was for over $80.  

On the menu this week(s):

Saturday:  Carey had a sandwich, I was out of town

Sunday:  takeout pizza

Monday:  Green Salsa Chicken, rice, beans

Tuesday:  Meatloaf & twice-baked potatoes (from freezer)

Wednesday:  Carey had baseball park $1 dog; I had leftovers

Thursday:  dinner out - sushi!

Friday:  supper at Kasey & Beau's

Saturday:  Pork Chops & Squash Casserole (from freezer) + vegetable

Sunday:  takeout sandwich/pizza

Monday:  Quiche (fridge vegetable clean out)

Tuesday:  dinner out

Wednesday: Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken w/ Broccoli

Thursday:  Taco Salad

Friday:  Pork Chops, Potatoes Au Gratin, Fresh (and garlic-y) Green Beans

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails