background

Friday, September 29, 2023

Frugal Friday File 2023, September 29...

 

1.  Reborrowed a library book that I did not get read last time I had it checked out.  I had to get back on the reserve list till my turn came round again.  I am determined to read it this time.  I will start tomorrow.  :)

2.  Watching a lot of PBS documentaries on YouTube (and also ones that I've had recorded forever, and need to watch so I can delete from the queue).  I've learned a lot about Ireland (The Famine and the Troubles), Frida Kahlo,  Edna St Vincent Millay, Oscar Wilde, Frank Baum. Has anyone else noticed how much more frequent the ads on YouTube are?  

3.  I received another check reimbursing part of chiropractic care.  That should be the last one (I think) as I haven't been back for more care since we got back from vacation.  Now I will start receiving 'explanation of benefits' for the hospital and surgeon, and probably bills for what wasn't covered, but I hope those won't be too high.

4.  Didn't do too terribly this week in the kitchen.  We did eat out tonight since I've been up since 3 a.m. and worked all day.  I am ready for soup weather!  I think next week we are supposed to have highs in the mid 80s.  I'll take it.  At least it shouldn't be over 100°.  Could those 100° days be over for the year?  Please?

5.  On-called today at my old office and knocked out the majority of my annual training.  I work next on 10/6, so fingers crossed I can finish the rest up then.  Due date is 11/1, 

On the menu this week:

Saturday:  frozen meal from freezer

Sunday:  supper at Kasey & Beau's

Monday:  leftovers

Tuesday:  meatloaf, baked potatoes, cabbage

Wednesday:  homecooked meal from freezer

Thursday:  leftovers from Tuesday

Friday:  *barbecue baked potatoes w/ sliced brisket

4 comments:

  1. Ugh, I won't miss the annual mandatory training at all. It was so tedious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I feel like looking for some of those PBS documentaries! There do seem to be more ads on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails