background

Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Just for fun and a catch up...

 

A friend texted the above image to me this morning.  She sent some others that were also amusing, but this is my favorite.  I hope I'm not breaking any trademark rule by sharing here. I did look for online images, but couldn't find this exact one to see if it was licensed.  I love a good chalk drawing. 

I am STILL reading Horse by Geraldine Brooks.  I am really enjoying it, but there have just been other priorities, so I am making slow progress.  

Sadly the condo purchase by sister- and brother-in-law didn't work out.  They had no problem working with the seller, but the HOA was just proving very difficult to work with.  I am more than happy that they got out now, as I do not wish red-tape misery on anyone...especially when it could've been a thorn in their side for the entire period of condo ownership.  We are on the hunt for another solution.

This morning I made a menu and grocery order for the next week or so, which I picked up this afternoon.  Tonight I made a double batch of Honey Garlic Chicken & Broccoli in the slow cooker.  The unserved half is now cooling before going into the freezer for another dinner in a couple of weeks.  Man do I appreciate myself when I have home-cooked meals in the freezer ready to heat and serve!

We are enjoying a little break from the record-breaking heat of the summer.  Today's high was only 91°, but was seriously appreciated.  We had sixty-four days this summer that were over 100°, and almost a quarter of those days were over 105°!  I have never liked the extreme Texas heat...and like it less and less as I get older.

4 comments:

  1. That's a lot of days over 100 degrees. The slow cooker really comes in handy on days like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you prepare the crust for your quiche?!? I’m ready to make one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I'm glad you asked. It is SO EASY!
      The trick is using a glass pie plate. In it place:
      1 1/2 cup flour
      1/2 cup vegetable oil
      1/4 cup water
      dash of salt
      Then just mix that up with your hands and pat it out to fit the pan and crimp the edges if you want to.

      Let me know if you try it!

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails