background

Wednesday, October 4, 2023

What I'm reading Wednesday...

Ultra-Processed People: The Science Behind Food That Isn't Food
by Chris Van Tulleken

My friend, the other Kathleen, was telling me about this one when we were visiting her in July.  I have checked it out from the library, twice now.  The first time I just couldn't process (pardon the pun) all the information.  I'm past Chapter 1 now.  

Chenneville by Paulete Jiles

This is a new one by a Texas author that I really like.  She also wrote News of the World (which was made into a movie starring Tom Hanks, and I love Tom Hanks, but the book was better) along with several others.  This one is about a Union officer who received a severe head injury in the Civil War, and when he comes to himself, he is in a Union Hospital in Virginia and the war is over.  I'm in Chapter 3 of this one.

I picked up both of these at the library yesterday, and I'm allowing myself to switch between the two since one is a novel and the other is science and a lot to absorb.

I've also been making a lot of cards lately, so not a lot of time spent on reading.

2 comments:

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails