background

Sunday, August 13, 2023

Frugal Friday File 2023, (on Sunday) August 13...

Again I couldn't get this posted on Friday.  It was kind of a busy week.

1.  Rudy had a vet visit on Tuesday.  At seven years old, he is now considered a senior dog.  He doesn't act like one, though he is getting a little gray around his face.  Vet visits are not cheap, but keeping a healthy dog healthy is frugal.

2.  I hemmed two pair of slacks for Caitlyn before she left for college.  Always happy to do something that can make her happy...especially when its free!  :)

3.  This week I had to be in the neighboring town for a doctor appointment, so while I was there I went to Hobby Lobby to look for pieces of felt.  I was thrilled to see that they had them and that they were only 34¢ each.  I bought 4 colors/sheets, and that is all I purchased.  With tax it came to $1.47.  That is definitely the cheapest I have ever gotten out of that store!  

4.  I made a needle case out of the felt to complete a mini sewing kit for Caitlyn to take with her to college.  (I've mentioned her moving to college twice in this post, and it puts a lump in my throat.  They moved her today [Sunday]).

5.  Finished one library book.  Will pick up another when I go pick grocery order tomorrow.

On the menu this last week:

Saturday:  grazed the fridge

Sunday:  Sunday family supper @ Kasey & Beau's

Monday:  Spanish Rice

Tuesday:  subscription meal (frozen from a previous order)

Wednesday:  subscription meal (frozen from a previous order)

Thursday:  Mexican Cornbread

Friday:  takeout pizza

2 comments:

  1. Another great, frugal week. I love those little needle cases made from felt. Do you decorate it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but not very well. :) See Monday's post.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails