background

Friday, July 14, 2023

Frugal Friday File 2023, July 14...

1.  Did really well cooking at home all week.

2.  Jared's birthday was this week.  Even cooked his favorite meal at home, and made his favorite freezer pie.  Thankfully he loves the quick & easy freezer pie, so no baking involved.  When it is over 100º F having the oven on is crazy, and standing over a hot stove making a favorite meal is a true act of love.

3.  I re-used a gift bag for his present, and I made his birthday card.  The gift had been ordered far in advance, and delivered with another purchase, so no extra gasoline spent.

4.  While I was cleaning off the kitchen countertops, I found a bottle of shower gel.  Weird, right?  It had been there for awhile...like...a long while.  I think it was part of a gift basket, as it wasn't one of our usual brands.  Still, we were needing some, so I'm happy to use it up before buying more.

5.   I received another refund check from Medicare for chiropractic care paid out of pocket.  This one was for $13.  I had JUST deposited the previous checks, and another trip to the bank for such a small check seemed ludicrous.  But I did have another appointment this morning, so I stopped by bank while I was out.

On the menu this week:

Saturday:  late lunch, so ate watermelon for supper again

Sunday:  Spanish Rice

Monday:  Subscription meal

Tuesday:  Chicken Curry

Wednesday:  Taco Salad

Thursday:  Chicken Fried Steak w/ Mashed Potatoes, gravy & veg

Friday:  Beef Stroganoff

2 comments:

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails