background

Sunday, July 2, 2023

Kitchen reorganization, part 1...

 

I really should have taken a before shot of the kitchen, but when the mood strikes to get going I'd better not get distracted.  I am tired of the cluttered countertops.  The cooking utensils above have been on the countertop in containers, and this drawer was previously used for spices.  (But the knife holder on the right has always been in this drawer.  I hate leaving knives visible on the countertops.  I watch too much scary television.)

Can I just say that the bamboo spring-loaded adjustable dividers above are ones I got from the Container Store years ago.  They are absolutely my favorite things; so easy to use and easy to reconfigure.  When the spices were in this drawer, I had a fifth divider in there.  I will use it in another drawer now.  I also got a new set of spring loaded dividers that can have perpendicular dividers that fit in slots.

I really liked this cupboard as I had been using it before, but since I had to make room for the spices, I had to change things up.  I may redo it again after living with it for a little while.

The upper shelf seen here is quite a stretch, and there's one above it that is unreachable without a step stool.  I should donate everything that is out of reach, because I haven't used any of them in years.  

Carey walked in the kitchen for supper, and said, "Uh-oh."  He is really good about unloading the dishwasher, so now he has to get used to new locations for things.  :)

I'll share updates as they come...

2 comments:

  1. I just ordered the bamboo drawer organizer from The Container Store - I have more drawers now so need more organizers. And, I have exactly the same white baskets in my pantry cupboard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love the ones from Container Store. I saw some from Amazon recently that have the cross pieces that fit in slots. The cross pieces only came in two lengths, and I wanted smaller compartments, so I had some white cardboard scraps that I cut to the size I wanted, and glued several in a stack so they would fit snugly in the grooves of the other pieces. Worked perfectly!

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails