background

Saturday, July 1, 2023

Frugal Friday File 2023, June 30...on Saturday again...

 

1.    I found two $50 amazon gift cards that I had purchased at the end of last year by redeeming points earned on my credit card over the last two (or three?) years.   These two were left over after I gifted several to the kids at Christmas.  I forgot all about them till I came across them the other day.  Happy, happy!

2.  I received a refund check from Medicare for my chiropractic treatment I've been paying out of pocket.  I've been going for about a month and a half now (semi-weekly at first, and now weekly). The practice doesn't accept Medicare, but they do file the payments that I pay them.  I was pleasantly surprised that I actually was refunded anything.  (And thrilled that my jaw is feeling better!)

3.  I filled up my e-shopping cart, and then waited.  I deleted most everything in the cart, and waited some more.  By tomorrow or the next day I may delete the rest of it.  LOL

4.  Still trying to combat food waste by using up what we have.  The freezer still has some useful things, but need to bring in some fresh produce.

5.   It's too hot to go out unless absolutely necessary for me, but Carey is still spreading the dirt in the heat.  I am making cards, and reorganizing the kitchen a bit (and putting some unused space wasters in the donation box as I go).

On the menu this week:

Saturday:  went out to favorite Tex-Mex restaurant

Sunday:  subscription meal

Monday:  breakfast for dinner

Tuesday:  frozen pizza

Wednesday:  Smoked Sausage & Rice skillet dinner

Thursday:  takeout hamburgers

Friday:  Taco Salad

1 comment:

  1. #3 is a great idea. It works for e-mails written in the heat of the moment as well!

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails