background

Friday, July 7, 2023

Frugal Friday File, July 7...

 

1.  I worked Thursday & Friday at my previous office.  I will also work on Monday.  Just filling in for my replacement who had a pre-scheduled vacation before she was hired.   These three days of work will be a welcome paycheck.

2.  After going through the stack of printed recipes on my counter and putting them in my recipe binder, I found one for Hot Alaska Salmon Melts which is an open-faced sandwich recipe that my sister told me to try.  It had shifted to the bottom of the pile, so I was happy to find it.  AND I got to use up a can of salmon from the pantry instead of buying some.

3.  I received another (smaller) refund for part of my chiropractic care paid out of pocket.

4.  Carey finally let me check out a library e-book for his Kindle.  I had to check it out because the man doesn't have a library card.  (I could not live without mine!)  He prefers to buy used books donated to the library that they then sell in their "book nook",  which he reads and then donates back to the library.  There's not always a lot of selection that interests him.  Anyway, this is a step in the right direction.  Maybe he will have a library card someday.

5.  My sweet little Catiebug is moving into an apartment with three roommates next month to start college.  I told her to come raid my kitchen for duplicates that they may need, so they don't have to buy every little thing.  She just left here with my mother's set of stainless steel cookware (that stuff is pretty timeless, and it was just lounging in a guest room closet) that includes a large saucepan, a small saucepan, a large skillet, a small skillet, a dutch oven, and lids for all (but I do need to order a spare set of knobs and handles as those will probably break at some point), a non-stick skillet, a set of Rachael Ray casseroles (which look great, but I hated using, so if she didn't take them they were going to Goodwill), a set of air-tight canisters, a 9" x 13" cake pan, a muffin pan, a large cookie sheet, a mixing bowl, a liquid 4 cup measuring cup, a set of dry measuring cups, a set of measuring spoons, a can opener, wooden spoons, a large metal spoon, a pizza cutter, a large spatula, a small spatula, two of my favorite paring knives (I have about a dozen, they are the BEST, brand is Victorinox, very affordable), dish towels, hot pads, an oven mitt, and a vase.  I may have forgotten some; I only remember this much because she just got through packing the car up.  :)  This stuff is all out of my way as I am trying to get my kitchen in order.  YAY!  And I don't have to drive this stuff to Goodwill.  :)

On the menu this week:

Saturday:   takeout baked potatoes with bbq brisket

Sunday:  Sunday Supper at Kasey & Beau's

Monday:  takeout sandwiches

Tuesday:  Hot Alaska Salmon Melts w/ coleslaw

Wednesday:  leftovers

Thursday:  subscription meal

Friday:  watermelon

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you had a lot to contribute for a first apartment! Bonus was not having to take it to Goodwill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This coincided nicely with my kitchen downsizing effort. :) A few of these were things that I had purchased on sale in the past to gift to the kids. The cannisters, the small spatula, the cookie sheet, and the paring knives were all new in original packaging and really good quality.

      Delete
  2. She certainly got a great haul shopping your kitchen! Baked potatoes with BBQ brisket sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails