background

Friday, January 28, 2022

The Frugal Friday File 2022, week 4

I struggled this week.  We resorted to take-out several times as my back was giving me fits.  Had some fresh vegetables go bad since I wasn't up to getting them cooked, and I guiltily disposed of them.  I ordered some hobby items from Amazon (like I really need more).  But on the up side...

1.  Carey received his first Social Security benefit payment.

2.  My library e-book time was up, and it was automatically returned to the library from my Amazon account.  But because I have it on my old Kindle, to which I keep the wi-fi turned off, I can continue reading it.  I'm getting so, so close to finishing.  Note to self...no more 700+ page books during this year's contest with boss.  :)

3.  When my physical therapist submitted charges for, my last few December sessions, he was notified that our insurance coverage was discontinued by Carey's former employer early in December (for which we were not warned or even notified--we thought we were covered through the end of the year).  Physical therapist has now twice refused to charge me for those sessions other than the copay I had already remitted.  He said it wasn't something I could have foreseen.  

4.  When the muscle spasms started in my back this week, I was able to turn to my prescription muscle relaxers that I keep on hand for just such situation.  After an expensive ambulance ride and ER visit after an especially bad back episode ten or twelve years ago, my doctor agreed to add it to my annual prescription list for these just-in-case situations.  I almost never take them, but over this week I took three.  I was able to not miss any work.

5.  We are using so much less gasoline since Carey retired.  That is definitely a noticeable line-item change in our monthly budget.

3 comments:

  1. Hope your back is doing much better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is some, but I think I need a trip to the chiropractor.

      Delete
    2. It sounds like you're having quite a struggle. I hope this back thing can be resolved once and for all!

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails