background

Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Puzzled...

 

In October I cleaned off the dining room table so we could finish assembling this gorgeous autumnal still life jigsaw puzzle.  We started it several years ago, and have had it carefully stored between two pieces of foam core boards ever since.  I guess not carefully enough, however.  When Carey finished it over the weekend there were three pieces missing.  I guess missing three pieces out of one thousand isn't too bad.  But it kind of ruins my plan to make the picture permanent by using puzzle glue so I could frame it to add to our Autumn decorations.

I've looked for the puzzle by company and puzzle name.  I've looked for a print of the original artwork by the artist.  I can find nothing.  Saw a lot of other autumn paintings, but none I like as much as this one.  I love everything about the art: the slightly muted colors, the rough-hewn table, the leaves encircling the group of various pumpkins and squash.

Oh, well.  Wasn't meant to be.  😢


2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that 3 pieces were missing. That's too bad! I wonder if you could fill in with some cardboard cut to fit and carefully try to recreate the colors with paints and then put mod podge on it to make it shiny. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking I will try that. I have some ideas. I'll share a photo of results.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails