background

Friday, January 14, 2022

Frugal Friday File 2022, week 2...

Well, it is time to dust off the Frugal Friday File.  Now that Carey is retired, we have to figure out how best to traverse our new financial landscape.  

1.  We are starting by eating down the freezer, fridge, and pantry, as they have all gotten over full.  Last night we had salmon, roasted vegetables, and quinoa.  Yum!

2. After dinner I assembled the leftovers into a 'bowl' and made a little homemade honey mustard dressing to drizzle over it.  Can't wait till lunch time at my desk with my bowl and my book.  :)

3.  This week Carey's 401k was rolled over into his IRA and invested.

4.  The Kindle Daily Deal and BookBub show me books that are on 'special' every day, and there have been a few lately that I want to try.  I immediately went to the library website and reserved them for free.

5.  We emptied our storage unit, so that monthly cost is gone.  Now I just have to empty my parking spot in the garage.  Perchance garage sale time is nigh.  :)

2 comments:

  1. The old storage shed trick. My sister does this regularly every couple of years. She clean it out, sort it, garage sale it and then next thing I know she has another shed. It is the American Way I've read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two words: NEVER AGAIN! Hope they are not my famous last words. LOL

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails