background

Wednesday, May 19, 2021

What I'm reading Wednesday...

My weekend read:

The Virgin Blue by Tracy Chevalier

I had ordered a used copy of this recently.  I picked it up to read on Saturday, and read straight through Sunday.  Couldn't put it down.


Now I've started:

Fled by Meg Keneally

The main character is a fisherman's daughter turned highwayman after the death of her father to relieve the family's destitution.  Arrested, she is transported to the Australian penal colony.

The novel is based on the story of Mary Bryant, an iconic figure in that part of Australia's history.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails