background

Friday, May 7, 2021

The Frugal Friday File 2021, week 18...


Successes:
1.  Our water softener bit the dust (or choked on all the minerals in our water).  Carey ordered a new one and installed it himself.  After a month or so of cloudy dishes, white coating inside my icemaker, and build up on toilets, sinks, and shower, we are back in business.  It really is a necessity here, as the minerals will shorten the life of things like dishwasher, water heater, fridge ice maker, etc, and make it harder to keep the toilets, sinks, and shower clean.

2.  This week I did buy a couple of ebooks, but not without checking the library website first, as well as looking for used hard copies online.  The ones I bought are ones I have been thinking about for quite awhile, and ones that I think Carey and I will both read and enjoy.  While doing the library search I found others by the same authors that also sounded good, so those I checked out.

3.   I have everything I need in the pantry to make dessert to take with us for Sunday family  supper...our first with the kids in over a year!  And it will be for Mothers Day...YAY!  Carey and I are fully vaccinated.  Kasey is too.  Not sure about Jared or Beau, and pretty sure the kids aren't.  But I will wear a mask when we aren't eating and keep my distance. 

4.  I made and sent cards. 

5.  Had to make an appointment for a new doctor in the city, but found that he comes to our community twice a month.  Yay...less work missed and less gasoline expended.  I also called my friend the RN whose husband is also an RN in this field, and found out that he has good opinion of this doctor.

 

1 comment:

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails