background

Friday, May 21, 2021

The Frugal Friday File 2021, week 20...

 

Successes:
1.  PAYDAY!  I immediately moved percentages into our 'savings for...' categories; emergency fund, vacation, next vehicle, insurance premiums, etc.  This falls under the pay-yourself-first rule of saving.  I will pay the bills this weekend.

2.  I distinctly remember saying something here about suspecting April's electric bill would likely be the lowest of the year.  I was wrong; May's bill was nearly $50 less than April's!  How did we pull that off?  Though we have already seen some days in the nineties, this month has brought us some unseasonably mild temperatures.  We are enjoying it while we can; we will be at 100𝆩 F soon enough.

3.  Carey picked up two extra days of work filling in for a coworker who had a family emergency. 

4.  I skipped supper one night when 'too tired to cook' 
coincided with 'not hungry enough to bother.'

5.  Took advantage of free curbside grocery order.  I mean the groceries weren't free, but the regular curbside fee was waived.  Needed to restock the pantry, as I have to bake pies this weekend for Chandler's college graduation celebration.  So proud of him.

1 comment:

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails