background

Friday, May 14, 2021

The Frugal Friday file 2021, week 19...

 


Successes:
1.  Umm...I managed to work 40 hours this week?  I really wanted to go home one day with a headache, but I persevered.  I took short lunches on a couple of other days, because I needed to leave a bit early for a haircut one day and picking up the girls after school on another.  

2.  We have received lots of nice rains recently, then nice sunny days, repeat.  Our potted tomato plants are going gangbusters!  I harvested a container full of them earlier today.  I think I will try making a Tomato Pie using the halved cherry toms instead of sliced larger tomatoes.

3.  I went to Hobby Lobby for cardstock last weekend; just white and ivory for card bases.  I like their extra heavy weight.  I was delighted to find it was on special at 50% off.  It had been such a long time since I've been to Hobby Lobby, I'd forgotten to look at what was on sale before going, so I was extremely lucky to find exactly what I went to purchase marked down.

4.  I had a need to phone HR this week to ask a question about branch expenses.  While I had them on the phone, I killed two birds with one stone and asked some questions about the timing of switching over our health insurance when Carey retires later this year.  Didn't particularly save me any money this week, but it is frugal to forearm oneself with information before making life changes.

I'm late getting this posted, and I can't think of anything else that falls under the heading of 'frugal,' so I will cut it a bit short. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails