background

Friday, April 30, 2021

The Frugal Friday File 2021, week 17...

 

Successes:
1.  Did really well at cooking out of freezer/pantry this week.  The chicken that cooked last weekend was very handy.  When it came out of the slow cooker we had Shredded Chicken Burrito Bowls with on-hand ingredients, and will definitely make them again...yum!  The unused chicken was all shredded and went into the fridge.  The next night we had an improvised pasta bake with more of the chicken...it was okay, but nothing to write home on the blog about.  Two days later I found a recipe for White Chicken Chili from The Recipe Rebel that I had all ingredients for.  Hers was an Instant Pot recipe, but since my chicken was already cooked and shredded, I adapted for a quick stove-top meal.  It was really good, and will also be made again.

2.  A visit to the doctor, and she adjusted my meds, stopping one of them altogether.  Nice to keep track of...and pay for...one less.

3.  Reading a library ebook.

4.  I have a favorite kitchen tool that my mother gifted me decades ago.  I always wanted a spare, but in all these years I've never found them.  Found it this week at a super low price, so I bought a bunch for stocking stuffers.  Christmas shopping has begun!

5.  Pail all bills; on time and without fees.

2 comments:

  1. I like your approach to cooking! And now you have me wondering if I also need your favorite cooking tool or already have one lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great, and frugal, week. What is the favorite kitchen tool?

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails