background

Wednesday, January 6, 2021

What I'm reading Wednesday...

Here's a visual recap of my 2020 reads via my Goodreads bookshelf.  Only 24...down from 59 in 2019...that's what going back to full-time work does.

The Only Woman in the Room
The House on an Irish Hillside
Time After Time
Monticello: A Daughter and Her Father
Hideaway
The Martian
The Evening and the Morning
A Dangerous Mourning (William Monk, #2)
Things You Would Know if You Grew Up Around Here
The Gown
Apricots and Wolfsbane
The Wish List of Albie Young
Dear Edward
The Face of a Stranger (William Monk, #1)
The Library at the Edge of the World (Finfarran #1)
You Never Forget Your First: A Biography of George Washington
Making Space, Clutter Free: The Last Book on Decluttering You'll Ever Need
The Lifeboat
The War I Finally Won (The War That Saved My Life, #2)
Miss Boston and Miss Hargreaves
Avalon
Spring House
The Chelsea Girls
Anything Is Possible






































And the first read of 2021 is:

Things in Jars by Jess Kidd

I wasn't sure at the first chapter or two, but decided to read on, and I'm oh so glad I did.  Victorian London sights, sounds, smells at their best and worst.  Great cast of characters headed by a smart independent woman believable of the era, along with fanatical anatomists, curiosity collectors, diabolical doctors, and a ghost.  Loved it.  Started my reading year off with a bang, and I give it a rating of 10/10.

And I'm jut starting:

Tiny Habits: The Small Changes That Change Everything by BJ Fogg, PhD

This seemed like a good read to start off a New Year.  I haven't made any resolutions this year, but maybe reading this one will help me see a few small things that are sustainable.  I'll keep you posted.


4 comments:

  1. Haven’t heard of either of you current reads. Off to check out my library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Juhli. I'll be curious to see what you think. I want to look at Jess Kidd's earlier books now.

      Delete
  2. Love your book collage. I think I have Ken Follett's new book on my list, will have to double check.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally meant to put a link to your blog in, I'm so sorry it slipped my mind before I clicked publish. Thanks so much for the how-to instruction!

      I loved Ken Follett's newest. It was almost as good as the first, and better than 2 and 3. :)

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails