background

Friday, January 15, 2021

The Frugal Friday File 2021, week 2...

 Successes:

1.  I made a pot of Lentil Soup to welcome Carey home from work on Wednesday.  It was so good on a cold night, so economical, and used up bits from the fridge.  I made a pan of cornbread too, but it turned out a little flat, and dense.  I think the baking soda must have been out of date.  We joked about it being a cross between cornbread and a big cracker.  Oh, well, it was edible

2.  Library ebooks. Free to borrow and no fuel used to pick them up.  Nuff said.

3.  Boss picked up his dry cleaning today, and it reminded me that it is frugal to buy machine washable clothes only.

4.  Researching cleaning services for the office also a reminder how much we've saved over the years of doing our own cleaning.  My house may not pass any white-glove tests, but I haven't resorted to hiring out the cleaning yet.  Except for when my little Catiebug wants to earn some money by helping out.

5.  My hands always get really dry and cracked in the winter.  I'm using up a bottle of lotion at work that has been around for awhile.  Yesterday I was trying to remove some adhesive residue after peeling a sticker from the exterior glass door.  I pumped out a little lotion and rubbed it over the sticky residue, let it sit for awhile, and wiped it off with a paper towel.  No need for Goo-gone.

4 comments:

  1. Baby oil also works for sticky marks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think any oil or oil-based product will work. I know I use olive, coconut, or vegetable oil in the kitchen; whatever's handy. Baby oil is a good one, and usually handy in the bathroom.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails