background

Friday, January 22, 2021

The Frugal Friday File 2021, week 3...

 

Successes:
1.  I mended a pair of my work slacks.  A stitch in time.  :)

2.  I subscribe to Stampin' Up's Paper Pumpkin.  I finally got around to opening last month's kit and thought the card bases were way to sophisticated to pair with the somewhat cartoon-like animal images in the kit.  So I set the pretty paper aside for later cardmaking, and used scraps and leftovers and loved the cards that resulted.  I'll show this weekend probably.

3.  Enjoyed my paid holiday for Martin Luther King Jr Day, and I'm thankful for a job where I get 7 paid holidays a year as well as vacation.  But it has left me wondering; Is a holiday really worth it if the rest of the week is absolutely, exhaustingly crazy-busy?

4.  The rate of first-ounce stamps is not being raised, but the rate of additional ounce and postcard stamps is.  I was about to order more of both, but was gratified to realize that the ones I have are forever stamps.  They don't say forever, but as per usps.com the words  "additional ounce" and "postcard" printed on them mean that they will always be usable for those purposes.  Pays to research before purchasing.  :)

5.  For the meals I cooked this week, I just purchased the meat; I used recipes for which I had all the other ingredients in the pantry, fridge, or freezer.

Saturday:  pork chops/ rice & gravy/ squash casserole
Sunday:  shrimp scampi w/ linguini/ salad/ garlic bread
Monday:  we each ate a Freshly meal
Tuesday:  Beef Stroganoff in the slow cooker, salad, green beans
Wednesday:  *burgers
Thursday:  skipped supper, too tired to do anything!
Friday: planning on breakfast for supper

Number of individual servings made and frozen for work lunches this week:  8

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

2 comments:

  1. I really thought a four-day work week would be a breeze and it would be Friday before I knew it but the first three days really dragged and then Friday was the whole week rolled into one day, crazy busy. It did make the day fly by though. Can't wait to see your cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to work 4-day weeks. They can be killer!

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails