background

Friday, January 29, 2021

The Frugal Friday File 2021, week 4...

Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without

1.  In the use-it-up category this week:  the last couple of sweet potatoes and remaining couple of white potatoes are on the menu as hash (along with some other fridge residents like onions, mushrooms, and a little bacon).  I'll top it off with some fried eggs to round out the meal.

2.  In the wear-it-out category: 
 Where clothes are concerned, wearing them out may mean not wearing them out of the house.  LOL  Anybody else save a few really ratty, stained, or holey t-shirts and jeans for things like cleaning the oven, painting, or bathing the dog?

3.  For the make-it-do category:  It is time to go through my physical book shelf and my constantly growing inventory of Kindle book 'bargains' and make a list of which ones I want to get read this year.  Need a break from impulse purchases from BookBub or Kindle Deal of the Day.  

4.   And in the do-without category:  I am going to attempt a zero order (except for groceries) month in February.  I don't go to stores these days, but it's so easy to hop online and order something that catches my eye.  Was thinking I might put it off for awhile, but figured maybe the shortest month of the year would be the easiest.  ;)

1 comment:

  1. Of course I have clothes in the wear-it-out category, but I call them my “glad rags.”

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails