background

Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Merry Christmas...

...and wishing...

This is not the least bit reverent, but I received it today in a text from a friend, and I couldn't resist, since I had nothing better to blog.

We have had a quiet day, as we shared last night with the kids and had a wonderful time.  Out of the seven gift cards we gave to the kids and grandkids, only three of them found the gift cards without being coached to keep looking.

Beau got a jar of Snack Crackers with a gift certificate to a specialty meats shop in a Christmas envelope taped to the outside of the jar.  He thought the envelope was just decorating the jar.  :)

Kasey got a box of chocolate covered cherries, with a gift certificate for two 1-hour massage sessions taped to the bottom of the box.  I swear she would have thrown the box away when it was empty if I hadn't just come out and told her.  LOL

Chandler and Bobby both got grocery gift cards to help with their grocery and/or gasoline purchases since they are both in college.  Chandler's card was adhered to a canister of pancake mix with a container of maple syrup.  And Bobby's was adhered to a jar of Cheezy Snack Crackers.  They both totally overlooked their cards also.

The youngest three found theirs easily.  

Diego received a big stocking filled with 52 ounces of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing.  I tucked a prepaid credit card inside the box, as he is saving for a new laptop.

Caitlyn had been the only one to actually tell me what she wanted (a new phone case) and sent me a link to the exact one.  Now THAT'S the way to get exactly what you want.  :)  The case didn't cost as much as what the others received, so I tucked a prepaid card inside her box as well.

Chloe is our primper, and she had added "Sephora gift card" to her Christmas list.  I wanted to 'personalize' it by adding something, so Kasey suggested she needed a makeup bag.  I tucked the gift card into the bag with sample-sized face wash and masque.

After panicking a week or so ago when I had only nailed down two of their seven gifts, I am pleased with how things turned out.  I managed to keep all gifting fairly equitable, and personalized the cards/certificates by adding them to items that each person really likes.

Oh, and I didn't mention what we gave Jared.  He got a stockpile of sandwiches from a favorite sandwich shop in our hometown.  Since we now live three hours away, they are a rare treat.  I placed a BIG order, and Carey made the trip to pick them up.  They are now all in the freezer, and Jared is as happy as a clam to have them to look forward to over the next couple of months (or weeks depending on how hungry he is).  :)

2 comments:

  1. I had a chuckle reading this, Kath. It sounds like each person received something they'll use and enjoy. Perfect presents! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. True. It did seem very personalized and let's face it, a gift card in an area that interests you is exactly the right color!

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails