background

Monday, December 23, 2019

Making it Monday...

Here's a quick blog post and a quick recipe.  I'm giving mostly gift cards and gift certificates for Christmas, so I want to include them along with a little something else for the kids & grandkids to open.  This year there are no quilts like last Christmas!

But there will be some snacks and goodies, and here is one that is both super easy and super delicious!
Okay, these photos show the ingredients for 2 batches; one made with Cheez-Its and one made with Club Minis crackers (you can use regular saltines, but I couldn't find the small saltines, so I bought the Club Minis).  The recipe that follows is for 1 batch.  

Snack Crackers
In a bowl, whisk together:
   1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
   1 packet of Zesty Italian salad dressing mix
   1 packet of Ranch salad dressing mix
   1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or 1 Tablespoons if you like the heat)

Place 2  12.4 ounce boxes of crackers of your choice into a large airtight container.  Pour the oil/dressing  over the crackers, and turn to mix the oil throughout the crackers.  Turn the container every 30 minutes for 4 hours.

That's it!
I like to use my glass gallon jars, because the two boxes of crackers fit in them easily, and the jars roll easily across the counter top, which makes mixing the oil throughout the crackers a snap.  After mixing periodically for 4 hours, I will pour the finished crackers into a gifting container (because my gallon jars are keepers...yeah...I AM selfish with them!)

4 comments:

  1. We used to sell a snack cracker mix at the gift shop in Virginia. So yummy. Great to have a do-it-yourself version. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took a batch of the cheesy ones to the kids’ house once, and Beau said he buys a mix made with saltines whenever he’s near a particular store that carries it. That’s why I made his batch with the mini crackers instead of CheezIts.

      I only make it for the kids or for quilt retreat, as if it’s in the house I can’t leave it alone!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the recipe. I was here looking for something I could make and I have all the stuff. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE coming across a recipe when I have all the ingredients! Glad to be of help. :)

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails