background

Monday, December 30, 2019

Making it Monday: Pancake Mix recipe...

I first saw this recipe on Do It On A Dime, so the credit goes to Kathryn.  So nice to have on hand when I just want to make an easy supper (because we never have pancakes for breakfast).

It was a snap to make a batch as part of Chandler's Christmas present.  And then while I had all the tools and ingredients out, I made another batch to fill my own empty jar.

In a BIG bowl place:
   10 cups all purpose flour
   9.5 ounce package of instant dry milk
   1/2 cup of sugar
   4 Tablespoons of baking powder
   1 Tablespoon of salt

I use a whisk to gently mix all the dry ingredients, making sure to get everything well blended throughout.  
Then I transfer it to a large jar with a lid.

I put the directions for the additions to make it into batter on the outside of the lid, so it's ready at hand when I need it.

Kathryn says use 2 cups mix, 1 cup water, and 1 egg, but that was too thick to pour when I tried it, so I decreased the mix amount I use.  Just try it out and see what works for you.

And I put the recipe to make another batch of mix inside the lid, so I can refill the jar when it's empty.  

We like pancakes and waffles at our house, and I use this mix for both.

4 comments:

  1. Such a great idea, Kath. I take a mix for pancakes with me when we go on holidays to the beach. Simple and frugal. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific idea. My favorite treat on Sundays was pancakes for breakfast. Now that I can't have syrup it's just not the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, pancakes are just not the same without syrup!

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails