background

Friday, December 20, 2019

Frugal Friday File 2019, week 51...

Successes:
1.  Well, I haven't finished Christmas shopping yet, but almost.  I have some gift cards to pick up, and that should do it.  For the most part, the gifts are consumable and practical.

2.  I received a thoughtful, and most welcome, bonus at work this week.  

3.  Carey paid our annual property taxes today.  Thankfully I had been able to put money aside for them, so no panicky feelings.  Also, though taxes went up quite a bit in our area this year, we had taken care of registering for our homestead exemption when Carey turned 65, thus freezing our property taxes at the amount they were the year before he turned 65.  A very welcome savings.

4.  Congress passed the SECURE Act as part of the budget package.  If the President signs it, saving for retirement will be extended for a lot of people.  I heard about this as I listened to NPR on my five-minute drive to work this morning.  It caught my attention because the majority of my work is helping people who are planning/saving for retirement, and I was able to share the news with others in the office who hadn't heard about it yet.  I love NPR: it keeps me informed, entertained, and is a bargain.  (I am a contributing member.)

5.  You know what else is a bargain?  Blogger!  Yes, we all get frustrated with the hiccups it has, but over the past twelve years, using this free format has allowed me to interact with a lot of people around the country and the world that I would never have crossed paths with any other way.  Thanks, Blogger!

Saturday:  leftovers
Sunday:  barbecue
Monday:  leftovers
Tuesday:  sandwich
Wednesday:  *chicken
Thursday:  *Young's sandwich
Friday: *Italian

Number of individual servings made and frozen for work lunches this week:  

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

6 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of the SECURE act and will follow closely to see if it is signed as I turn 70 1/2 this year! And I agree with you wholeheartedly about Blogger. Thanks for your post and happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard of it either, Juhli. Hope it works to your advantage.

      And happy holidays to you and yours!

      Delete
  2. I'll be checking out the SECURE Act too, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your are right blogger drives me crazy sometimes but the price is right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yaaaaaay for Christmas bonuses and for Blogger. Just wanted to stop by and wish you and your precious family a very Merry Christmas, and many blessings throughout the year ahead. Love ya my friend!

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails