background

Saturday, December 7, 2019

Frugal Friday File 2019, week 49...

Successes:
1.  I filled up at the inexpensive station in a neighboring town while I was there anyway for a medical appointment.  (Almost two full weeks between fill ups, and I wasn't on empty, so could have gone a few more days.)

2.  Menu planned and grocery order placed.  Having a plan and groceries in the house mean it is way more likely that we won't resort to eating out.  It also means that Carey will have home-cooked individual meals frozen to take for work meals, so he won't have to eat out there either.  (Since I shop and cook with having extra portions for his work meals in mind, I may never learn how to cook in smaller quantities.)

3.  Thoroughly enjoyed my library book, and while I was running an errand that took me by the library, I returned the book early for the next person on the reserve list to enjoy.

4.  Mild weather is helping out with the power bill.

5.  I checked my pay check info, and noticed that it didn't have a deduction for a 401k contribution.  Dug a little deeper and found that somehow my choice for deduction didn't save, so I reentered.  I will continue to check each pay check until I find it is correct.  

Saturday:  
Sunday:  Sunday family supper at Kasey & Beau's
Monday:  
Tuesday:  *chicken
Wednesday:  *Schlotzsky sandwiches
Thursday:  Spanish Rice
Friday: *fish

Number of individual servings made and frozen for work lunches this week:  4

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

4 comments:

  1. It will be interesting to see our power bill. It was almost double the usual amount November vs. October and it's been really cold lately. I made myself one of the budget plans where I set aside the same amount each month and it averages out over the 12 months, works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good catch on the paycheck - hope they apply it to the next one. We are having am mild winter so far too although I'm still adjusting to what is "normal" here lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when I lived close to the office and could go two weeks between fill ups. It is a great feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been so hot where we live, Kath, days on end over 30C and a few around 38C. On milder days, I open all the doors and windows and the cross breeze keeps things cooler but in heat like this we've been using our air-con. Very glad that we have solar panels to offset some of the cost of that to keep our power bill down. I'd hate to think what the bill would be without the solar panels. Meg)

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails