background

Sunday, September 30, 2018

Beef & Winter Vegetable Stew...

The soup that I made yesterday turned out really well.  The guys liked it.  

I like winter vegetables.  I especially like rutabagas...cooked and mashed with butter...mmmmmmm.  I love having another way to use them.  I love that my UK friends call them swedes.  :)

In addition to the beef and rutabaga, this stew also has parsnips, leeks, onion, sweet potato, new potatoes, and cranberries.  The recipe is up at What's Cookin' 4 Miles North of Nowhere.

2 comments:

  1. That looks warming and delicious. On my cooking radar this week is a lentil and vege shepherd's pie. Although Spring now, the nights have still been quite cool and so I want to make it before they warm up! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmmm...lentils in a shepherd's pie sounds like an awesome pairing! I will have to try it. At the end of the seasons, I always try to cook our favorites of the season before saying au revoir till the next time. :)

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails