background

Saturday, September 29, 2018

Saturday snail mail...

I put the little matryoshka on a card and in the mail a couple of weeks ago.  That made me very happy.

When I attached her to the card front, I was very light on the adhesive, so she can be removed and used as an ornament, bookmark, or gift tag to pass on.   I added a hanging loop through the tag's hole, folding it over the top of the card and taped it inside the card front.  

I loved how this one turned out (if I do say so myself). 

This week I made these two 'braided' wreaths.  I'd seen 'braiding' on the straight edge of a card before, but these round braids made me have to try it immediately.  

edited to add:  Circle braid tutorial here

I made these for fall, and think the braids will be gorgeous in year round versions.

Today I cleaned off the dining room table...all the stamp stuff put away...maybe we will get to eat supper there tonight...because tomorrow the sewing machine will be set up there for the next couple of weeks.  :)

Today I have a Beef & Winter Vegetable Soup in the Ninja (slow cooker).  It smells fabulous, and my stomach is growling.  It's really not soup weather here; though we had one nice coolish day this week, it is so hot and muggy today.  :(  But I had to give the soup a test run before I make it at the quilt retreat.  I think I will go put some cornbread in the oven.  Thank heavens the A/C is working!

7 comments:

  1. Love love love that braided card! How is it done? I did a little dining room table clearing today too, but only got it about half cleared... 😉
    How about a recipe for that soup? It sounds sooo good...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven’t eaten yet, but if the soup turns out good I will post the recipe.

      I almost stopped at a half empty table, but I figured I would thank myself tomorrow if I wasn’t crowded with my sewing. LOL

      Delete
    2. Edited the post to add a link to the Youtube tutorial for the circle braid.

      Delete
  2. You have been so productive! The Russian dolls are gorgeous and the circular braids look impossible and amazing. I cannot imagine (even with the helpful link) how they are completed).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, K2. They really are unbelievably simple!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Sylvia. Coming from the person who first introduced me to stamping and card making, that is high praise! :)

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails