background

Friday, September 28, 2018

Frugal Friday File 2018, week 39...


Successes:
1.  Closet cleaned out, wardrobe pared of everything irreparably stained/tattered items.  I downsized my work wardrobe even more; things that I wasn't wearing because I didn't like the fit; things in colors no longer flattering with my new natural hair color; shoes that I know I will never wear with current knee issues; handbags that never really fulfilled my needs (I'm so particular about handbag organization).  All neatly packed into back of car for next batched-errand trip that will take me by Goodwill or Salvation Army.  None of that may be truly frugal (except the batched errands), but it will be frugal for others, frugal of my closet space, frugal of my time spent on frustration.

2.  Made two cards from supplies on hand, and popped them in the mail with letters enclosed.  I think a handmade card and newsy letter gives a lot of good feelings for the cost of a 50¢ stamp.

3.  A regular trip to the vet for Rudy for a wellness checkup, immunizations and heartworm protection wasn't cheap, but an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.  And they clip his nails as a courtesy to owners, and give their canine patients a healthy dog chew instead of a lollipop on the way out.

4.  I was able to make the annual home insurance premium payment in full.  It doesn't save a lot of money to pay annually rather than installments, but a few dollars, and no worry about doing it monthly (or accidentally NOT doing it monthly).  Also recently paid premiums for car insurance and Carey's life insurance.  One never wants to have the headache or heartache that would mean being able to collect on any of these.  Insurance is a bummer to have to keep paying, but gives a certain peace of mind.

5.  Did a ton of chores around the house instead of having a housekeeper; working on Christmas gifts; reading library books; drinking iced tea; cooking meals and making meals for freezer.  The normal stuff.


Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  Salmon, wild rice, broccoli
Sunday:  Sunday family supper at Kasey's & Beau's
Monday:  Omelette w/ sauteed vegetables
Tuesday:  *Schlotzky sandwich
Wednesday:  *Chinese
Thursday:  Chicken & Peppers marinara w/ spaghetti squash
Friday:  leftovers

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

4 comments:

  1. So glad the ice tea continues! I am giving up surgar Oct. 1. I’m going to sitck it out three months. Rachael says thats how long it takes to get it out of your system. I’ve tried before but sweet tea is one of my downfalls. So I’m going to drink more hot tea...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachael is good to listen to. I'm following her advice to eat more oatmeal. :)

      Delete
  2. You've inspired me to clean out my closets. Why do I think I need all this stuff? But, my craft and art supplies are in a different category. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got rid of a lot of paper and art supplies too…took them to Goodwill…the guy unloading said, “Ah, you and my grandpa would have fun together. He’s 90 and loves to stamp.” That made my day! :)

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails