1. Today is my sister's birthday. Tomorrow is Bobby's. Next week is Jared's. And later this month is Beau's. It's a big month.
2. Next week my best friend from childhood is coming for a short visit. I'm hoping that we can arrange a brunch visit with the third member of our trio who lives in the nearby city now; she has to report for jury duty, but we are crossing our fingers that she doesn't get chosen.
3. I have a long list of things I need to get done before my friend arrives. This place is a disaster!
4. And I am running out of time. Monday is an all-day quilting day at the library...with two more squares due for our exchange quilt...which I have not even started working on yet.
5. And speaking of quilting, I am so excited! When I was at work on Wednesday I got a text from my sister-in-law. She included a photo of a quilt that was given to her (and Carey's) parents early in their marriage. It's in her possession, but she says it's ours if we want it. SCORE!!
My husband's family is not as sentimental about old things as mine is. Thus I have a bit of a reputation as a pack rat with them. Oh, let's be honest, they think I'm a hoarder; but, hey, it has paid off to my advantage more than once. I am not sure they have any idea what good stuff we have ended up with. I'm not sure they think it's good stuff!
I'm really happy about this quilt. Since Carey's mom had gifted me with a Grandmother's Flower Garden top that she pieced, which I had machine quilted and gave to Kasey for her birthday this year, this one will be set aside for Jared if he is interested in it (or if he ever finds a wife who is). That way each of our kids will have a quilt that belonged to their grandmother that has 'grandmother' in its pattern name. I'll have to find out from Carey's mom who gave this one to them, and then figure out how to put a label on it with the information.
6. Okay, I may be a hoarder. This week while working at cleaning my desk area I found myself moving a container of piano keys out from under it. We had to dismantle my childhood piano (couldn't find anyone to take it, and it was too expensive to repair). I made Carey save the keys...intending to make an art piece out of them. Yeah. Hoarder. Now I'm thinking about how to sell them on ebay. Surely someone else might think it's an interesting project idea too.
7. I've been having trouble sleeping...or rather not sleeping.