background

Friday, July 21, 2017

Frugal Friday File 2017, week 29...


Successes:
1.  Readied a week's worth of individual servings of meals for freezer for Carey to take to work.

2.  Booked ten days of work over the next two months...all local, no commute...yea!

3.  Today was a lazy-stay-home-no-spend day.  I did some online window shopping, but never clicked on the buy-now button.

4.  Grooming the dog myself: bath, nails, ears.

5.  Made new dog bed.  Basically same as the last one, but with a removable cover that can be more easily removed and laundered.  The last one held up very well, but it sustained some soiling that required disposal (not frugal, but necessary for my well being).  FYI:  I've also been known to dispose of sheets back in the day when my children were ill in the middle of the night.


Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  homemade hamburgers
Sunday:  Sunday dinner at Kasey's
Monday:  leftovers
Tuesday:  Pasta Caponata with Chicken Breast
Wednesday:  chicken burgers
Thursday:  pork chops, rice & gravy, corn pudding, green beans
Friday:  goulash

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

2 comments:

  1. I need a no-spend week. Does it count against you when you have a hair appointment scheduled which you obviously have to pay for? I think it's as essential as groceries and gas or else I'll end up looking like Cousin Itt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pamela, I am not the person to ask about hair appointments. When I gave up full-time employment, I gave up regular hair appointments. I can't even remember the last time I went, but it may have been 2014. I need to go DESPERATELY, but can't decide what to do with it. I just need to go ask my hair dude what style could look okay for 6 months rather than 6 weeks which is how often I used to go. I'm really tired of the length at this point.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails