background

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

What I'm reading Wednesday...

The Orphan's Tale by Pam Jenoff

A German circus on tour during WWII, trying to avoid danger from the German army and under the big top.  I've almost finished.  It started off very strong, and the story is very interesting, but the writing in the second half seems different...the dialog seems amateurish, and it seems like the author isn't keeping the details straight.  

I will finish it later tonight.  I have enjoyed it, but I'm not sure I would read more by this author.

I'm counting this one as "a book about an immigrant or refugee" on the 2017 reading challenge
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. It looks interesting but from reading the Amazon reviews, I'm not sure it's my kind of book. I'd be afraid it would be too sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The poor writing kept me from getting to invested in the story, so I didn't really find it sad at all.

      Delete
  2. I read this one and don't remember not liking it but if I finished it, I guess I liked it. I have been not-finishing several lately. I did really love my last read, it was Long Man, check out the reviews if you think you might like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the story had great potential, I just thought the execution was lacking. I look forward to checking into Long Man.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails