1. Received our phone/cable bill. We have our service through a cooperative, so once a year they pay each member a share of the company profits by deducting it from their bill. Dropped this month's bill by almost $80.
2. Menu planned. Grocery list made. Shopped and stuck to list.
3. Made sure that the list included the fixin's for a fabulous dinner (salad with fresh berries, avocados, spinach, salmon [and pecans from the freezer]) to serve my company, so we can stay in, have a great meal and quiet time to visit and catch up without feeling like we're being frugal.
4. I didn't buy any of the Prime deals on Prime day. I had a couple of things in my cart...and I may regret not having a head start as it gets closer to Christmas...but I figured if I had any doubt at all I didn't need to buy them this week.
5. I called the pharmacy this week about my longstanding prescriptions that needed refilling and would need a call to the doctor's office to get a renewed scrip for the next 12 months. Since I wanted them to get the renewals for all of my prescriptions and not just those needing filling imminently, I mentioned that somehow my prescriptions had gotten divided into some being filled one week and some two weeks later, and asked them to be sure to get Rx renewals for all of them when they called. I had asked in the past about moving the refill for one batch to match the other and was told it would involve moving the refill date for some up by a day or two each month until eventually they were all filled at the same time. I
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Sunday: Carey had leftovers, I had breakfast for dinner
Wednesday: One skillet sausage and rice with onions and peppers, green beans
Thursday: salmon with fresh salad
Friday: homemade burgers
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)