1. I took a three hour nap. Since I never went to bed last night, that's okay.
2. I vacuumed the entire house today.
3. I heard an article on NPR today about 'flying ant day' being a distraction at Wimbeldon. Just like Wimbledon, the ants decided to swarm around here a few days ago...lucky me! But thank Heavens my ants didn't fly. Here is a disgusting photo to creep you out and make you take pity on me.
And that is just a close up of one pile of them. They stretched the entire width of my kitchen window between the wall and my sink. <<SHUDDER!!>> I took the photo to text to my exterminator so he would hurry to my house! :) The only good thing about them was that there were no live ones. The treatment from last year was still strong enough to work. By the time they made it into the house, they just piled up and never got any further. Still it was time to re-treat, so I'm glad it's done.
4. My 'wedding' rings have been missing for the past couple of months. I wasn't too worried, because though I couldn't remember in the slightest the events surrounding my taking them off and putting them someplace other than their normal resting spot, I did vaguely remember putting them someplace 'safe.' I was a little hesitant to tell Carey, but I don't wear them much, so it wasn't something he noticed. Also they aren't my real wedding rings. The only one I was really worried about was the anniversary band since he had it made for our 20th anniversary (20 years ago!). It has real stones, but they are tiny. The three-stone ring is fake...well, the gold is real, but the stones aren't. I got it when I returned a pair of hideous earrings he bought me for Christmas once. LOL They look nice together, and are WAY more comfortable than the rings I actually got married in.
Anyway, today I cleaned out my purse. I removed everything from every little pocket. And lo and behold, there they were on a key ring that holds keys I have to keep but never have to use. I feel better. They were someplace (relatively) safe. :)
5. I'm making a pasta salad with grilled chicken for supper tonight. Everybody likes it, and it is nice to have in the fridge to have small meals as wanted for a few days.
6. I think it is time to change my mantel decorations, but I think I will wait till after my friend comes next week. Patriotic is still okay through July, right?
7. Let's see...what else? How about a confession? I watch reruns over and over and over. Seinfeld, Big Bang Theory, Golden Girls, and Frasier are white noise around here. Rudy's favorite is Big Bang...he likes the animated commercials. LOL