Monday, November 14, 2016

Making it Monday...


Today I made a pillow.  A big pillow.  How big, you may be wondering?

Big enough for a growing puppy!  I used two standard bed pillows...not the expensive kind.  I sewed a long side of one to a long side of the other.  For the cover I used about a yard and a quarter of a sturdy pillow ticking.  With right sides together I sewed around the edge with about a 3/4" seam allowance (leaving a fairly large opening to insert the pillows), then turned it right side out and top stitched around it again with about 1/2" seam allowance.  I stuffed the pillows into the cover and stitched up the opening with a double row of stitching.  Hopefully the double-seamed edges will slow down Rudy's urge to rip into it.

I hope it is comfortable.  I hope it is indestructible!  I know it was frugal.  It cost about half of what his last pre-made dog bed did.

Something got into me today.  A burst of energy and motivation on the same day!  Must be the SUPER MOON!  :)  Aside from making Rudy's pillow, I vacuumed the entire house, washed all the bath mats, cleaned the toilets.  And because I knew Rudy would be sleeping on his new bed, I gave him a bath, cleaned out the kennel, and vacuumed it well.  Then I emptied the vacuum cleaner, and took out the trash.

Now I've had a shower and washed my hair and am ready to go to bed and read.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Well done you! A lovely job accomplished and saving money to boot. I had a giggle when you attributed your energy and motivation to the super moon, as the super moon seems to have made me a tad tetchy :-\ Rudy looks very comfy on his new pillow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you see, Sherri, I attributed my energy and motivation to the super moon because it was so out of the norm. Me being tetchy is a pretty normal occurrence. :)

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful idea for the dog bed. Hopefully it's the only one you need to make!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails