background

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Boo...hiss...













I'm pretty sure I've bemoaned the atrocious customer service of Office Depot personnel here before.  And I really try to stay away from their stores because of it.  But today I really needed to pick up a couple of things and have something printed on a laser printer and save as much time as possible, so I made the mistake of stopping at the nearest Office Depot. 

Verily I say unto you, they have the most apathetic and downright surly staff of any large chain store I've come across.  And they are completely unapologetic about it!

Today I ended up standing and waiting.  Finally I asked if anyone was working the printing counter, only to hear one employee tell another to help me, to which the response was, "I'll be there in a minute."  Neither employee ever addressed me directly in any way.  Oh, and by the way, I was the ONLY customer in the store...they were not suffering a mad crush of business.  I waited several more minutes, and finally left my intended purchases on the counter and walked out before I embarrassed myself by...oh, I don't know...throwing something and screaming, maybe.

I would have saved more time and angst if I had driven the extra five miles to their competition in the first place.  Now I have to add 'write letter of complaint to Office Depot' to my to-do list this week.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. As a mother with 4 children in hand needing help but being ignored over & over in the paint department I began taking down cans of paint using them to spell out a giant S.O.S across the floor. Childish but effective.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails