background

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Mixed up...

Ahhh...today marks the end of another work week for me.  Nice to be home.

I found myself at WalMart on my lunch hour today.  Since I'm going to have the kids on Saturday, I thought I'd better have some snacks on hand.  Of course with all the Halloween candy on display, the candy corn could hardly be avoided.  My friend, the other Kathleen, loves candy corn and Cheetos together, so I thought the kids might think that was a fun combination.  I thought I'd expand on the idea a little, and I got some Crazy Corn and M&Ms to throw into the mix too.  Done! 

Maybe I'll have some better nutritional options available too.  :)

Wouldn't you know that I forgot to pick up one of the main things I went for though?  Ugh.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I love how the US celebrates Halloween because it is one of your traditions and folklore. I can imagine how much fun it would be for a child to go trick or treating.

    I hate seeing commercial Halloween products creeping into our shops in Australia because it is just a money grabbing scheme. Woolworths are even selling proper pumpkins - what a waste of a good vegetable!

    http://www.woolworths.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/Website/Woolworths/Fresh+Food+Kids/Halloween/

    - and our lollies have been re-badged to be trick or treat candy!

    Leave Halloween for the US I say!
    Do you get many trick or treaters where you live?

    Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  2. We moved into this house right before Halloween last year, and we didn't have any trick-or-treaters. Oh well. And I agree about the commercial products. I love the kids that come in homemade the best. Hmmm, I'll have to blog pictures of the costumes I've made ours kids over the years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know why you forgot what you went to buy! You were having so much fun trying to figure out what to put in your 'snack mix'!

    We moved to the east coast 10 years ago... I love Halowe'en out here as so many people decorate their yards... it's more a harvest season celebration! We still have all the candy etc cluttering up the stores though! ( don't think that I ever wore or bought a prefab costume....)

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails