background

Friday, May 26, 2023

The Frugal Friday file...

1.  Not a very frugal week.  Still recuperating from last week's terrible cough.  Then there were two chiropractor visits (TMJ), drive to neighboring town two days in a row for haircut and then for port flush.

2.  Turned in most library books on time, and rechecked my favorite two cookbooks.

3.  Made baked oatmeal for breakfasts.

4.  Carey changed 12 spark plugs on his truck.  He says he is too old for this chore; fatigue and soreness from the extensive time spent lying under the hood balanced on fender and engine parts.  He likely will be hiring this job out in the future, but boy has he saved us a fortune over the years with his mechanical skills.

5.  On Tuesday Caitlyn asked me to decorate her cap for graduation on Thursday.  😬 I want them to think I'm able to pull off miracles for as long as possible, but this one was tricky.  I texted her on Thursday morning that I was unable to complete.  Then I rested for a half hour and went back at it, and was able to deliver it, exactly as she had described wanting, by a couple of hours before she had to be at the school.  I had to buy the maroon fabric and some glitter cardstock in maroon and white, but the rest I had on hand.  

Chloe graduates next year.  She had better start thinking now about if and how she wants her cap decorated (if by me), because two-day notice was a trial to my skill, fortitude, and TMJ.


This week's meals:
Saturday:  meatloaf, twice-baked potatoes, green beans
Sunday:  leftovers
Monday:  Roast, potatoes, carrots (from Kasey)
Tuesday:  don't remember, could've been takeout
Wednesday:  takeout Baked potatoes w/ brisket
Thursday:  we grazed the fridge individually
Friday:  Fish tacos with slaw and guacamole

(not frugal takeout or dinner out)
 

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was; but also a busy one. Now I need to catch up.

      Delete
  2. Did you take a photo of the finished cap design? I'd love to see it. Vic has saved us a small fortune in contractor costs since he got his sanding machine. Definitely paid for itself already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. emailed photo privately

      Carey started working on my car about a week after we started dating. It could very well be the reason I married him. :)

      Delete
  3. Wish you had posted a picture of the hat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't because it had the school she is attending on it, and I didn't want to put it out there.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails