background

Saturday, May 6, 2023

The end of the beginning...

flowers from a client

Today was my last day of full-time work.  From now on I will only be filling in as needed for two branches here in town (this one and one other), so probably just a few weeks a year.

Of course I did not complete everything today that I had wanted to do before leaving.  Somewhere in the middle of the day the whole thing fell apart with an equipment malfunction, with unplugging, rebooting, yada, yada, yada.  That was promptly followed by a money transfer issue that I had never seen in my twenty plus years with this company.  It is straightened out now, but it was a good two hours of phone calls and hyper-focused concentration.

At one point I said to the home office person who was assisting me, "and did I mention that today is my last day in the office before my retirement?"  And she said, "Oh, bless your heart.  I bet you don't have any regrets about that right now."  Understatement!  LOL

It was a beautiful week over all.  Lots of phone calls and clients stopping in to say goodbye.  Today a sweet man who always calls me Miss Kathleen brought me cookies and milk, "Because what are cookies without milk?" he says.  Lovely, lovely people this job has brought into my life.

Then Paul and I each got a little choked up.  And I left my keys for my replacement on the desk and rode down in the elevator.  

Monday I will be able to attend Quilting at the library with my group (YAY!).  Tuesday I have an appointment with a local chiropractor (my jaw has been bothering me a LOT).


And thus begins our new normal.


 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your retirement! On to the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails