background

Wednesday, July 28, 2021

What I'm reading Wednesday...

Now, let me just start by saying that I haven't been reading much.  Actually I am STILL on the book I posted here two weeks ago.  Yes, I've been really busy, but also this book isn't really catching my interest.  I'm one third of the way through, and sticking with it to see if I've guessed right.  I still may give up...I don't really care what happens to any of the characters.  Note to self:  maybe think twice before reading any book with 'girl' in the title.

Now, one thing I DO like is having it on my old Kindle Keyboard.  It's a library ebook that got returned to the library from my Amazon account days ago when the loan period ended, but it will stay on my Kindle and readable until the next time I turn its wifi on.  

And yes I also like being able to make the font as large as I need.  Today I was in the dermatologist's office to have a spot on my nose looked at.  I was reading without my glasses on, so it had to be pretty darn big.  The pesky nose spot is right where the nose pad of my glasses sit which was making it sensitive and frequently painful.  Now I just have to wear my glasses lower on my nose for two to three weeks while waiting for it to heal up

4 comments:

  1. I don’t think I’ll ask for the title of the book since we seem to have similar reading preferences lol. Being able to change the font size and the Kindle book always being lightweight and fitting in my purse are my top 3 reasons for loving mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to those top 3; they're mine too! I NEVER leave home without it...even at work, because what if our computer system went down for hours (it's happened)...and even if I'm running errands, because, you know, what if I had a breakdown that required waiting for someone to come rescue me. I'm not wasting that precious reading time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been reading much either. I thought I had gotten back in the groove but no.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails