background

Wednesday, July 7, 2021

What I'm reading Wednesday...

 

The Land Breakers by John Ehle
I was in the mood for some historical fiction, and this e-book was an Amazon deal of the day.  I believe it was originally published in 1964.  Set between 1779 and 1784 about the settling of a community in the Appalachians.  Can't put it down.

Out of Many, One: Portraits of America's Immigrants by George W. Bush

Also reading this one by George W Bush.  Each person's story begins with their portrait which was painted by the author, and is then followed by their immigration story.  Easy to read one or a few at a time while also enjoying other reading.  Lovely to read the positive side of immigration.


2 comments:

  1. The Land Breakers sounds interesting. I love historical fiction. I put a hold on it at the library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished it last night. Really enjoyed it. It does have a lot of characters; I almost wish I had kept a cheat note and jotted down the names of the members in their family units. But the main characters are worth it, and the minor characters were easy to read but not worry too much about exactly how they fit in the community. :)

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails