background

Friday, April 9, 2021

The Frugal Friday File 2021, week 14...

use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without

Successes:
1.  I took advantage of a free one-hour introduction for an online series of classes.  It didn't inspire me, wasn't presented in a way that seemed to mesh well with my learning style, and I kind of found the presenters irritating.  Didn't feel the need to go any further as a paying subscriber.

2.  I'm trying to empty my email inbox daily by moving things either to the trash folder, or if it's something I need to keep I move it to another designated folder.  If it's something I need to keep for an indefinite period of time and maybe act on, then I flag it for action and leave it in my inbox so I see it regularly.  Wednesday as I was doing this I unsubscribed from at least ten commercial lists, and changed email preferences to receive only monthly updates from about four others.  That should save me the time it takes to go through daily email.  Frugal?  Well it is of my time, and fiscally frugal if it means less chance of making impulse purchases.

3.  However I didn't unsubscribe from Kindle Deals.  One of which listed a new Kristin Hannah book (The Four Winds about the Great Depression) at $14.  But instead of buying it, I went to our library's ebook-lending site and reserved it.  I was a little down about being 31st in line, but then saw that it was on 9 copies, so it should go pretty fast.

4.  We have three freezers.  The one in the kitchen attached to the refrigerator, a chest freezer in our laundry room, and an upright freezer in the garage that holds only Carey's work meals.  At least that's what I thought until very recently when I took a couple of meals to the garage for him to take to work and discovered three to four large packages of boneless/skinless chicken breasts and some frozen vegetables.  
It seems when he "helps" me put groceries away, Carey puts frozen items in the garage freezer when he thinks the laundry freezer is too full.  What's the problem here?  Only that he never mentioned this to me, so when I go to get chicken out of the chest freezer in the laundry and don't find any, I think we are out and buy more.  Now that I have made the discovery, I see a lot of chicken meals in our future.

5.  Kasey was not only able to book appointments for her AND her father to have the J&J one-shot vaccine tomorrow, but she is picking him up and driving him to the city for it.  YAY!  She is the good child this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails