background

Friday, April 23, 2021

The Frugal Friday File 2021, week 16...

Successes:

1.  We had breakfast for supper twice this week.  It was either that, go for takeout, or go grocery shopping first.  Breakfast food on hand was quicker, cheaper, easier.

2.  Received second Covid vaccine.  Yay!  I missed a couple of hours of work to get the shot, then the next day I missed a few more hours when I went home early with side effects.  When I filled in my time sheet, I used the 'special use time off' code that my company has offered for Covid-related time off needs.  Saved me almost a day's worth of regular sick-time to use later if necessary.

3.  I bought new white t-shirts for this spring/summer when a favorite brand/style went on sale.  The old ones, though they may be stained or have pinholes, will make great 100% cotton rags when cut up.

4.  Chicken in the slow cooker today will be the start of several meals over the next few days.

5.  Eating out of the freezer and pantry this week.

2 comments:

  1. We have paid time off to get the shot but not for time off for any side effects. Many of my co-workers have taken the following day off as they felt really grim - fatigue, headache, body aches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My company has been very generous and supportive throughout the pandemic.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails