background

Friday, September 6, 2019

The Frugal Friday File 2019, week 36...

Successes:
1.  I had everything on hand to make Carey's favorite pie for Sunday family supper...Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie (a.k.a. Derby Pie if you're from Kentucky).  I usually leave the dessert leftovers for the kids, but since Carey's birthday had just passed, we brought the last two pieces home so he could continue to enjoy it.  I still have plenty of pecans in the freezer, but I used up the last of the bourbon.  I guess I'll have to go buy some before Thanksgiving.

2.  I challenged myself to make cards using up scraps on my desk.

3.  Worked three days this week, and at a branch close enough to come home for lunch!  It's so close, I get to sleep a little later!

4.  Brewed tea and took my own iced drinks to work with me rather than stopping on the way to purchase.

5.  Scheduled LOTS more work days over the next couple of months.

Saturday:  Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, and Noodle Casserole
Sunday:  Sunday family supper at Kasey & Beau's
Monday:  Cabbage, onion, white & sweet potato, and bacon hash
Tuesday:  Spaghetti salad
Wednesday:  *Schlotzky sandwiches
Thursday:  leftovers
Friday: ?

Number of individual servings made and frozen for work lunches this week:  2

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

2 comments:

  1. I keep trying to comment to your blog posts, but I get these weird gmail/blogger interruptions when I try from my iPad. Luckily, I was on my computer when your post hit my in-box. I know, TMI! Anyway, I LOVE Derby Pie! I love all your blog posts and I can't wait to see the cards you made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to make you a sign that reads, "Working is interfering with my cardmaking."

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails