background

Friday, September 27, 2019

Frugal Friday File 2019, week 39...

Successes:
1.  I had a list of errands to run in the city.  One of which took me near IKEA.  I'd signed up online to be an IKEA family member several months ago, but hadn't been by the store to have a card printed, so I dropped in.  I had the card printed (free), and then got quite a workout browsing, but left with no purchases (though I was tempted by some holiday items they had on display).  Decluttering is a good reminder not to buy more stuff.

2.  Paid all bills on time avoiding late fees.

3.  Carey changed the oil in the car and checked it over in preparation for a road trip.  I do truly appreciate all he can do and maintain.

4.  I cancelled three online subscriptions that I wasn't using.  Two of them I really liked and will probably re-subscribe at some time in the future when I have time to take full advantage of them.  But for now, I should not be throwing away money.

5.  Verified that both of our paychecks had been deposited.  I returned some documents to the safe deposit box, as well as a USB drive to which all photos stored on my computer were recently downloaded.  It's frugal to protect items that would be difficult, costly and, in the case of photos, impossible to recover if stolen or destroyed.

Saturday:  leftovers
Sunday:  Sunday family supper at Kasey & Beau's
Monday:  *tacos
Tuesday:  PB&J
Wednesday:  *baked potato
Thursday:  *Schlotzsky
Friday: sandwich

Number of individual servings made and frozen for work lunches this week:  

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

1 comment:

  1. I love IKEA but completely agree, decluttering really makes you think twice about making a new purchase.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails