background

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

April at a Glance...

Apr 1 - Dublin Coddle with Irish Soda Bread.  Cooking big batch meals to restock the freezer with work lunches for Carey.

Apr 3 - Another of the guys' favorites...meatloaf w/ baked potato and corn.  

Apr 4 - Fourteen weeks into the year, and I'm a little behind in the reading challenge at only 11 challenge books read.

Apr 10 - We made a good start in cleaning and re-organizing the craft room/office, which had been a dumping ground for too long.  Kasey gifted me a whole day to help me get it cleaned out.  Still a long way to go.  Right now the contents are spread over the rest of the house.  A LOT will go to garage sale or donations.  The rest will find its way back in a more organized way. 

Apr 11 - New bungee desk chair as part of the craft room/office redo; I had one at my old office for years, and can't say enough good things about them.  Picked this one up at the Container Store.  Super-easy assembly.

Apr 13 - Fun day with old and new friends at OnStage, and getting to see the new Stampin' Up! catalog and play with new products.

Apr 15 - semi-annual dentist visit

Apr 16 - an early anniversary dinner

Apr 17 - 43 years!

Apr 18 - work

Apr 19 - appointment with my hematologist followed by a little blood letting.  Since they take it from my port, it doesn't just flow out into a bag.  They have to pull it out a syringe at a time.  They use those biggest ones and fill them to about where I marked a red line at the bottom.

This many equals about a pint.  Took almost an hour this time to fill them all. 

Note to self:  Do not skip breakfast, give up a pint of blood, and then go to IKEA.  😵

Apr 20 - leftovers of the happy variety

 Apr 22 - I've been pestering Carey for years for a vintage pickup...a real one...to drive.  I saw this charm in the James Avery jewelry catalog, and texted the photo of it to him, saying I am willing to temporarily make do with one of these.


Apr 23 - Second of four work days this week.

Apr 24 - A work day of a different kind.

Apr 25 - Planned overs; ordered extra chicken tenders on Wednesday, so there would be enough to add to salad on Thursday.

 Apr 26 - Training video at work means doodling happens.


Apr 27 - Was checking an empty file cabinet to make sure it was indeed empty before relegating it to the garage.  In one drawer I saw a small metal item...a single earring.  A closer look and I found its mate in a back corner of the drawer.  I have absolutely no recollection of where these came from, but a dab of toothpaste on a washcloth and a couple minutes of polishing, and I was wearing them.


Apr 28 - After Sunday family supper, we played our regular game of Yahtzee.  Jared got FIVE Yahtzees (with the help of his secret weapon...he swears that Kasey's dog Sarge blows on the dice for him).  He saved his score card for posterity, because none of us are likely to see a score like that again.  LOL

Apr 29 - Rudy got an email from his vet wishing him a happy birthday.  He's such a good sport; he wasn't even mad at me for forgetting.  Isn't he a fine specimen of three-year-old terrier?
Apr 30 - Proof that I love my husband...liver and onions with pan fried potatoes (and broccoli which he doesn't really like, but he can't have everything his way).  I prepared a LOT, so was able to make five individual servings for the freezer for him to take for work lunches.

And that wraps up April!  One-third of 2019 is behind us!

2 comments:

  1. That was a fun look at your month. Didn't April go by fast! For me it did. Just yesterday, I was thinking, what did I do this month? I should do this too for a monthly diary of what I did do. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dicky Bird. Sometimes the whole month goes by in a blur. I'm enjoying the month-at-a-glance posts because they help remind me that things really did get done. :)

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails